Note: Of special relevance are the Objectives of the Resource Management and Planning System of Tasmania (Schedule 1 of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993). There are significant community concerns that the new Tasmanian Planning Scheme has not demonstrated whether or how it meets or furthers these objectives.
Community organisation websites
- PLANNING MATTERS ALLIANCE: "By working together we can reinstate robust planning laws that protect the special things that make the Tasmania we all love."
- Hobart not Highrise: "Hobart Not Highrise Inc. was set up to prevent a rash of developments that ignore building height rules and threaten the human scale, heritage values, and skyline of our beautiful city."
- Better Hobart: "Our hope is to raise awareness of best practice in intelligent urban design, strategic planning and sustainable development and to act as a trigger for a greater community involvement in the development of the city as a place with people at its heart."
- Friends of the East Coast
- North East Bioregional Network
- Rosny Hill Friends Network
- Environmental Defenders Office Tasmania: "The Environmental Defenders Office (EDO) is a non-profit community legal centre advising on environmental and planning law with the aim to assist and increase public awareness of environmental laws and remedies."