Tasmanians want a sound, visionary Planning system
There is growing community dissatisfaction with the current Tasmanian Government's approach to Planning and the new statewide Planning Scheme law reforms which favour short-term ad hoc commercial development at the expense of social and environmental values and our collective future well-being.
A statewide Planning system delivering the best sustainable future for Tasmania's social, economic and environmental well-being.
The Tasmanian Planning Information Network (TasPIN) is focusing on acceptable solutions and best practice planning to ensure livable, healthy and connected communities.
What TasPIN is calling for:
- Sound, integrated, strategic planning to guide the best sustainable future;
- Planning processes that inform, inspire, involve, and are trusted by the community. Read more.
Dates for your diary
- NEXT TasPIN MEETING - Tuesday 13 November 2018. NOTE NEW VENUE is at the Phillip Smith Building on the Glebe - directions below. Please feel welcome to come along and get involved in TasPIN working group discussions and activities. Help us raise awareness of the importance of good Planning, and secure commitment to achieve a better statewide Planning system that delivers the best sustainable future for Tasmania.
VENUE: Phillip Smith Building on the Glebe. Access is from Edward St. There's a driveway about halfway down Edward St that leads directly to the front door of the Centre. It's the big brick building closest to the road. You will need to park on the street, but that is usually relatively easy at 5.30pm as most commuters will have left by then. See map.
TIME: 5.30pm - 7.30pm
We encourage everyone to engage positively and constructively at all levels to build momentum for an exemplary Planning system for Tasmania.
We invite you to join our growing network of TasPIN supporters in Hobart and across Tasmania.To receive email updates, details of our meetings, make a donation or offers of other support, please contact us.
What are you interested in?
Last updated 10 October 2018
- What is TasPIN calling for?
- Quotable Quotes
- Food for thought - articles, letters, viewpoints
- In the news and planning updates
- Why these planning reforms matter - understand more about community concerns with the Government's new statewide Planning Scheme law.
- Is this the future you want to see? - "A picture paints a thousand words" - see examples of what the State Planning Provisions will mean in practice. See how photos could be harnessed to facilitate meaningful community discussions and involvement in Planning for a shared vision of the desired future.
- What Tasmania's political parties have to say (election policies 2018)
- What You Can Do
- PLEASE MAKE A DONATION - Please support our efforts for better Planning for better outcomes in Tasmania
- About TasPIN