Tasmanians want a sound, visionary Planning system
There is growing community dissatisfaction with the current Tasmanian Government's approach to Planning and the new statewide Planning Scheme law reforms which favour short-term ad hoc commercial development at the expense of community and environmental values and our collective future well-being.
The Tasmanian Planning Information Network's (TasPIN) vision is for a statewide Planning system delivering the best possible sustainable future for Tasmania's social, economic and environmental well-being.
TasPIN is focusing on acceptable solutions and best practice planning to ensure liveable, healthy and connected communities.
What TasPIN is calling for:
- Sound, integrated, outcomes-focused strategic planning to guide the best possible sustainable future for Tasmania;
- Planning processes that inform, inspire, involve, and are trusted by the community. Read more.
Dates for your diary
Last updated 21 September 2020
- NEXT TasPIN MEETING - to be advised pending coronavirus health advice. Meetings are normally held on Tuesdays from 5.30pm to 7.30pm at the Philip Smith Building on the Glebe in Hobart - directions below.
Please feel welcome to come along and get involved in our TasPIN working group discussions and activities. Help us raise community and political awareness of the importance of good Planning for good outcomes. We want to see shared community commitment for a visionary new statewide Planning system that will protect what is special and guide the best possible sustainable future for Tasmania.
VENUE: Phillip Smith Building on the Glebe. Access is from Edward St. Look for a driveway about halfway down Edward St that leads directly to the front door of the Centre, which is a large brick building close to the road. You will need to park on the street, and that is usually relatively easy at 5.30pm as most commuters will have left by then. See map.
TIME: 5.30pm - 7.30pm
Join our growing network of supporters
Please join our growing network of TasPIN supporters in Hobart and across Tasmania. To receive email updates, details of our meetings, make a donation or offer other support, please contact us. Please indicate the level of email correspondence you would like to receive: Regular: receive regular updates about TasPIN meetings and related Planning news and events; Occasional: receive occasional alerts to major public Planning forums, town-hall meetings, important government consultation processes etc; or None: No correspondence please, but add my name to TasPIN's list of supporters.
We encourage everyone to engage positively and constructively at all levels to help build momentum for an exemplary Planning system for Tasmania.
What are you interested in?
- Planning news and updates
- Quotable Quotes
- Food for thought - articles, letters, viewpoints. See feature articles: The end of the city? No, not quite. (Sarah Barns); Be brave, protect us and our brand (Ian Johnston); Not too late to change (Simon Bevilacqua)
- Why these planning reforms matter - Understand more about why so many community groups are deeply concerned by the current Tasmanian Government's approach to Planning and the new Planning Scheme law.
- Planning for Tasmania's sustainable future - a better approach for creating the best possible future for our collective well-being.
- Is this the future you want to see? - "A picture paints a thousand words" - see examples of what the government's State Planning Provisions will mean in practice. See how photos could be harnessed by Planning authorities to facilitate meaningful community discussion and involvement in Planning for a shared vision of the best possible sustainable future for Tasmania's local areas, regions and our beautiful island state.
- What Tasmania's political parties have to say - Planning election policies 2018
- What is TasPIN calling for?
- What You Can Do
- PLEASE MAKE A DONATION - Please support our efforts to encourage better Planning for better outcomes for Tasmania
- About TasPIN